Thursday, March 15, 2012

to my kids

My two little sweethearts,

Mama had an overwhelming emotion tonight that came over me and all I wanted to do was go in your room's and wake both of you up and give you lots of loves and tell you how much you make my life a happy place to be in. I am so lucky that somehow someway your dad and I received you into this family. Each one of your silly personalities fit in so perfectly and continue to surprise me.
Isaiah bud, tonight I watched you and what a funny old soul you are and I'm so proud to call you mine. You definitely will live your life with lots of laughs. Laughing is an important part of happiness. Don't ever stop laughing and finding a way to pick all the humor in all things. One thing that brought me close to your daddy was how much we laughed together.  One time we took a trip before we were married and I think we might have laughed the entire time we were gone. I remember it being one of the best times of my life! You inspire me so much and you are only 7 years old. I can't imagine all the many things you will be capable of when you are 20. Thank you for always being a gentleman and always treat girls as if they were all princesses. Thank you for loving your sister and always holding her hand to make sure she is taken care of. You have taken on the role as "big brother" so well and I look forward to watching your relationship with your sister grow as you two become adults. You have so many strength's but one of your biggest strength's is finding a friend everywhere you go, doesn't matter their age or gender, you will find something in common somehow and make friends. Don't ever stop that. As you get older you will learn how important it is to be kind and gentle to everyone, you never know what day they had or what they have been through. There isn't anything you could not do. I'm thankful to have you as my son and my best pal.
Londies, my quiet shy child that I love to kiss. What would I do without my best girlfriend? At 3 years old I can enjoy a day shopping, getting our nails done, going to lunch with you! I'm so lucky. I love to hear your opinions already at such a young age. There isn't a day go by that I don't look at how beautiful you are. Your eyes and eyelashes kill me every time you blink! You will never have a problem in the looks department, that's for sure but one huge thing that I want you to always remember is that being beautiful isn't the most important thing as you grow up and live your life. I want you to love who you are without looking in the mirror. I want your happiness to come from who you are, not what you are or how you look. Life is too short. This will be hard to do because the world's standards go against what I am saying but just trust your mama. I've wasted a lot of years trying to figure this out and don't want you to do the same thing. Your validation should never come from another person, only yourself and the man upstairs. You are such a great baby sister. You always make sure your brother gets a treat if you get one. And there isn't a day that goes by that you don't make sure he gets a kiss and an "I love you Isaiah" before he rushes off to school in the morning. Nothing makes a mommy prouder than to hear that. One thing I love about you is your silliness. You find the "silly" in everything and I laugh every time you point it out. Please don't ever stop that, being silly is fun and carefree and that's the way to live your life especially when you go through trials that come your way. Find that passion in something that makes you happy and go for it. You have so many talented and creative people on both sides of the family, there isn't anything you couldn't do! Just remember that when mommy watches you twirl at 3 years old, I'm loving every second of it. You have made my dreams come true and I have found my meaning in life through you and your brother.
Please continue to be patient with me. I still have a lot to learn being your mommy but you have definitely made it easy for me to stick with it and never give up. You are two of the most important people in my life (along with daddy) and when you are sad, I'm sad. When I see you happy, that makes me happy. I look forward to watching all the many things you both will do throughout your young innocent lives. Thanks for letting me your biggest fan in all that you do. When I mess up, please don't give up on me. I'll never stop trying to do better.

Love you forever & always-
Mommy

2 comments:

gina bina said...

LOVE

Anonymous said...

such a sweet letter to your cute kids! i love it!
you are such a good mom mandy!