I'm excited and nervous to post this because not only does it make it too real but it makes me have to follow it through...
1. This is the more obvious typical resolution however.. get this lazy BEHIND back to sweatin. I don't care what kind of sweatin as long as it gets me back to moving and grooving and feeling back in shape. I miss a good work out.
2. Let go. I came to the realization that I like to have control and if I don't have control, I find a way to to control. This year I want to accept what I can't change and let go and the one book that will be helping me along the way will be one of my fav's called, Language of Letting Go.
3. Man upstairs. Become better friends with the man upstairs and developing a deeper relationship with him.
4. Thanksgiving. More gratitude of the itty bitty things in my every day life.
5. Talkin to myself. I know this might sound crazy at first but I want to check in with myself every night and find out where I am in most area's of my life. There is all sorts of benefits from this.
6. Simplify. Make my life more simple and one of those ways is getting organized and staying organized.
7. Become closer to my Canon. Find a way to not be intimidated of it.
8. Boundaries. No this doesn't mean learn some sport but this means to keep myself emotionally & physically healthy. I have a tendency to fade my boundary lines easily so it will be important to find clarity with this!
9. Swim in the library. I find a sense of serenity when I read so I want to make sure to always stay reading a book through the year.
10. Smell the roses. Want to constantly remind myself to slow down and enjoy the day to day things that we take for granted.
Friday, December 31, 2010
Posted by Mandy at 12:20 AM
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Six whole years ago, I gave birth to my first baby boy. I went into labor on Christmas day and he didn't want to arrive until 4-5 days later. He was a stubborn little guy. Even after I was given pitocin, he still had to be c sectioned out and yes he had a very large coney head :) We named him Isaiah Alexander Martin and somehow someway we started calling him Buzzy and it's been stuck ever since. If anyone knows Isaiah, they know he is an old soul in a young body. He teaches me so many things. I can always count on Isaiah to keep me on my toes and entertained. He is a very attentive big brother to London and I know that as they grow together, I can always count on him protecting her through what they go through. He is the child that is everybody's friend and he always wakes up with a smile on his face because he loves life. He honestly lights up my life and although he may be hard at times, I know he will be a great leader and will always love me. I'm lucky to raise this special and unique child and I hope I can be the mommy he needs through the years.
Happy Birthday Isaiah! :)
|Free digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox|
Posted by Mandy at 9:39 PM
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Change is good, I think.. well I hope for this circumstance it is.
My family (the whole gang... parents, sister & their families) are deciding to ditch the ordinary Christmas and going to switch it to a Cabin Christmas. We are heading for the hills to stay in a very large beautiful cabin up in Heber City for a few nights. We are taking a Christmas tree up there and going to do it the old school way by doing popcorn string along with handmade ornaments. I'm actually really excited to stay in doors and simplifying Christmas this year by not running from house to house in a 24 hour span. With the women in my family, I have no doubt that it will be very eventful! Life is too short not to adventure out and try new things.. so we might as well start now :)
Posted by Mandy at 10:31 PM