Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Date Night/ Tragedy




Jake got Jazz tickets from his boss a while back and we had been planning on a date night for a while. While driving out to Salt Lake we discussed the difference places we wanted to eat and after going back and forth for a while Jake won and we went to PF Changs for dinner. Afterwards we walked to the Energy Solutions Arena to watch the game. We both realized it had been a while since either of us had been to something like that because of our hectic schedules and having Isaiah around so we were enjoying just the atmosphere of it. It was so nice to spend some quality time together! The Jazz were playing Atlanta. A few minutes into it, we heard of the tragic news up at Trolley Square that there was an 18 year old that went on a random shooting rampage killing at least 5 and then the police shot him. I was in shock just thinking about the people that had no idea this was going to happen and Jake and I even mentioned going to the Pub right there in Trolley Square that night. It was a bitter sweet night for us. I am so grateful that we were together and not involved in anyway but how awful for the families involved. My prayers are with them all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look so good that night. It is so scary that you and your hubby were so close to trolly square. I am glad you were at the jazz game instead.

Anonymous said...

That is so scary. I am glad you weren't there when it happened!

Morph This said...

I couldn't believe when I heard this news. It was so sad. I feel so bad for all the families. Did you happen to see the news with the guy who was going ring shopping with his fiance and she was shot? Sooooo sad.

michelle said...

You and your husband are so cute! I am so glad that you weren't at Trolley Square when all of this happened. We have a friend that is heading up to the funeral of the 18 year old girl...soooo sad.