Monday, July 2, 2007

When It Rains, It Really Does Pour!

Well when I woke up this morning I had no idea that my day was going to turn to this... I got into work and they called us into a meeting. Come to find out, we were all laid off. I am in complete shock. This is a company I've worked for, for almost 6 years. They just look at you like another number... Immediately my eyes filled with tears for a million different reasons. I will miss the people I've worked with all this time. I love my supervisor and I love my co-workers. They paid me well for part time work and I could come in any hours that I wanted. I really couldn't beat that anywhere else. So in completely dismay, I am driving home (as if I was in a dream) and what wakes me up is cop lights behind me. I get pulled over for speeding and having a BARELY expired license. At this point, I just put my head on my wheel and let it out.. I was bawling to the cop. So anyway, I'm home just in shock.. not sure what to think. I guess I have to have the faith that it will all work out.. but for now I just want to sulk.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

mandy I'm so sorry. that's so horrible! I hope you get feeling better!

Melissa E Photography said...

Oh, Mandy I am so sorry! I can't believe you are having to deal with all of this! I hope things start looking up for you and your family. Keep us updated!

Celeste said...

Mandy, hey, I am so sorry about your day! What a freaking joke. But guess what, I'm sure God has some awesome stuff in store for you. Something new and exciting. I just thought I'd check out your blog,and what a day to pick. Wow. Well, I want to hear how things go in the next few days. Things'll work out. Celeste.

Melissa Davis said...

Oh Man, Mandy that really stinks, I'm sorry! It does seem when one BAD thing happens, more are always there to fallow...

The good is just around the corner!

Sarah said...

i'm so sorry. what an awful day!!! hope you beel better soon. that is really terrible.

manda carol said...

Mandy- what a crummy day. I hate those days! I hope things get better and that you see the purpose behind these things soon. It doesn't change how hard it is but at least for me once I understand it's easier for me to cope. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

That is so terriable....I hate those kinda days. Keep us posted about how things are going. I am sure you will be able to find another good job.

Tammy said...

(((((MANDY)))) That totally just SUCKS!! I am sorry! What a awful day this must have been! :( (((HUGS)))