Saturday, December 15, 2007

No more binky!

Yes I am guilty.. Isaiah has still had his binky. I had potty trained him, taken away his home, his crib, etc... So I never felt good about taking his huge security to sleep.. however it has been something on my mind every single day for months. I finally just knew I had to do it.. it literally broke my heart. This is something he has had since the day he was born that he loved and adored.. It has been one of the hardest things I've ever done with him. He has yet to go to sleep or stay asleep for 3 nights. What a challenge. I feel like I am teaching him to learn to sleep through the night again. When he cries for it in the night, you can see in his eyes that he is so sincere in needing it. Hopefully tonight will be a better night. Today I let him pick out a pillow at the store that he would love to sleep with when he was sad about his binky.. he chose a Lightning McQueen pillow.. Cross your fingers!

7 comments:

The Ralls said...

I totally know how you feel right now!!!! We just did the same thing with Madds about two weeks ago. I ended up just tweaking our nighttime routine a bit, adding a rock in our rocking chair with a blankie after we read. It seems like the blankie kind of replaced the binky, its worked out really well so far!Good luck!

Jen Herem said...

How sad.. I can't even imagine how it will be with Nixen.. it's his favorite thing! Hopefully nights will get better! Good Luck!

Sarah said...

it was my DD's favorite thing. but when she turned 3 i told her that she was too old and so she gave it up and never asked for it again. he'll get through it. i'm more worried aobut my 2 year old thumb sucker! i cna't take that away.

Unknown said...

That's so hard! I keep trying to tell my sister that the longer she waits to take her daughter's away, the harder it will be. I'm with Sarah though, I have an almost 7 year old thumbsucker and there is no way to take that away...

Shelly said...

Good luck with operation no binky!!

Britney said...

Oh...taking away the binki is SO hard! Both Davey and I were so sad...but it had to be done. If I had my choice, he would still have it, but it was just time.

Hope your nights are going better!

sissyann said...

How is it going? Did the pillow work?