Thursday, May 8, 2008

To be friendly or not?

So I realized for the second day in a row, as I am taking my nice walk with my kids and trying to get some fresh air, that people outside that pass me NEVER say hi or even aknowledge us. I have to say it really shocked me. They would just pass by with a straight face. So today I decided to go out of my way to say hi to everyone (not even my style).. it is a nice change!! I am not sure why people don't do this in the first place but I guess it has to start somewhere...
See if you guys get the same reaction when passing by people in the street... it's interesting.

4 comments:

Angela Cloyd said...

Mandy you are so sweet, and always have been. I love that thought, and that is a wonderful example your setting for your kids. It is rare to meet someone who is so genuinely beautiful inside and out!

Britney said...

People do the same to me. AND even if I do say hi...they act like they didn't even hear me, weird! Sometimes I say hi to people just to 'bug' them.

Jen Herem said...

Sad to say I am such an ice queen when I go running.. my mind is so many other places rather then trying to be friendly.. OOOPS! I must try to follow your kind ways, ha!

Shelly said...

What a good example you are to your kiddies. It's weird how some places people just say hi more.