Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Record

For the record.. this has been the best day I have had with the kids in weeks!! For the most part, everything went smoothly. Since school started, both kids have been extremely difficult in everything I have asked them to do. After a variety of methods of praise, discipline, yelling, and crying.. I finally felt a little calm from the storm. Isaiah got right up for school and made his bed, got ready, brushed his teeth, and even made London's bed for me. On the other hand.. London is in a very big transition in her baby life.. Yesterday I changed her crib into a toddler bed and Sunday started being persistent with her being potty trained. London is very sweet but don't let it mistake you for her terrible stubbornness. I have never seen anything like this! She knows she has control over those two things.. sleeping and potty and if she doesn't feel like it, she will prove her point to me! So today, not only did she potty for me... she napped in her big girl bed without even attempting to get out or even cry. Ohhh just what I needed to move forward another day! We then went to the park and had fun with our neighbors.. then my night ended with London saying this to me tonight..
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Just hearing this makes my heart melt-




p.s. Any ideas on how to make London stay in her bed? I am doing the unthinkable and putting a movie on in her room, just for her to stay in there and fall asleep!!??

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Awww... don't those sweet little moments make all the hard ones so worth it? She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

she is just too adorable!!
and if you figure out a way to get her to sleep in her bed and without a movie playing let me know, thats exactly how alex goes to sleep every night!

sissyann said...

We used to lay with our little ones for 15-20 minutes each night. When they got used to that we cut the time shorter and shorter until now we just kiss goodnight and leave the room.

The Skinners said...

I just threatened that they would have to go back in the crib... and really followed through with it. Or you could just keep putting her back in there and say bedtime over and over, soon she will get tired of it and stay. Then she will realize theres no point in coming out, nothing fun happens from it. That worked for me!

Unknown said...

maybe london takes after her mommy??!! hang in there and try to be patient-it will come. good luck:)

Laura said...

She is so stinkin cute.