Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas with the Martin's

Okay to sum up our Christmas - it turned out great. It was nice to be with my family and play lots of games and laugh a ton. I basically had NO voice the whole time but at least London and I started feeling better. Jake and I were fortunate enough to actually give Christmas to another family. That was the most rewarding part of the whole season. It was so fun to watch their faces light up when we walked in with so many gifts all wrapped up. Then of course Christmas day is fun when your kids get excited about their toys from Santa.. Isaiah left out a note to Santa that he made me write.. it said that he wanted to leave cookies for not just Santa, but Frosty, Rudolph, Mrs Claus, and the elves. When I left the room and came back, he had stacked about 15 cookies on the plate. It was the cutest thing. Later that day, my family and I went to a homeless shelter and served them a good dinner and cleaned that up. It was a nice ending to the day.. and of course we played our Wii that night for a few hours! I'm grateful that we are all safe and everything was a success.. but I am also grateful for it to be over and to take down my decor and move on with my routine.. and drop these few added pounds:) Here are lots of pics...















2 comments:

Angela Cloyd said...

I'm glad to see you had a merry Christmas! So neat that you did Christmas for another family. Don't you wish you could do stuff like that all of the time. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Lori's Family said...

Looks like you had a very Merry Christmas. Madeline left Santa, Mrs.Claus, and the Elves a note too! They are so funny. Service really makes your heart feel good.