Thursday, July 31, 2008

Uhhh, I feel like this article was written directly to me:)

Doctors seeing more injuries related to text messaging
July 31st, 2008 @ 7:28am
By Mary Richards
Doctors across the country are seeing everything from boo-boos and scrapes to some serious injuries because of text messaging.
The message they have is pay attention!
There have been deadly accidents here involving people driving and texting. But emergency room doctors across the country now report more people getting hurt because they are texting while walking, rollerblading, biking and cooking.
A spokesman for McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden tells The Salt Lake Tribune they are seeing some turned ankles and broken bones after people have fallen down the stairs while texting. Primary Children's Medical Center says cell phones are such a concern, it wants to track when cell phones are involved in trauma injuries.

4 comments:

Shannon E. said...

How crazy but I guess I'm not too surprised about all those injuries! I'm glad you found our blog, your family is so beautiful and congrats on your newest addition London---she's adorable!

Rosie said...

I love the post of all Londons shoes! That is great, when I had my girls I swear I had way to much fun shopping for them especially after having boys:)

Your family is so darling!

Andrea said...

Ha, that's too funny. That could totally be me too. I guess I better be more careful so I don't end up in the ER!

KT said...

Texting while rollerblading? I can't say I'm that talented...