Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-day/Snow day

Alright.. well yesterday was not my favorite weather, however we made the best of it at our house. Jake and Isaiah got all bundled up and went to grandma and grandpa Martin's to shovel. Then they went over to help Dwight and Liz.. then they come home and made a snowman. I am not a huge snow person so I just did the occasional picture with no shoes or socks on- and then ran back in the house. I decided to make them lunch and I tried so hard to make it "Valentiney" so I took a picture of it before they ate (ps we don't have a kitchen table right now). Don't laugh at my incredibly terrible heart sandwiches, hey I tried!
Jake and I had plans to go to Tepanyaki, which is my favorite restaurant. I was sooo looking forward to it. I called and they weren't accepting reservations. So we just took our chances. Ya, 3 hour wait! So we started thinking up just about everything.. ya all booked. So we ended up driving back to Bountiful and went to Texas Roadhouse and that was a 3 hour wait as well! So I watch Jake go and grab two handfuls of peanuts and walk out. So we ate peanuts as we walked in the snow to Pei Wei. It was classic. Guess we learned our lesson for next year:)













4 comments:

Kristin said...

yay for you for making a vday meal! seriously i can't believe how cute that is! i didnt even try. the pics are totally cute too! i love your cute little family!!

Cynthia's Blog said...

Your meal turned out much better than my meal did.

Ashley said...

you are the cutest mom and wife. I need to take lessons!

The knights are in said...

Very creative when it comes to lunch on valentines, your family is so lucky to have you. I to . . . need lessons!